Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Got a letter fom this wonderful friend of mine... I told her that I was indeed stress most of the time... then on the following morning I received an email frm her bearing this message which actually lifted my spirit up...
Let me share it to you...
Although things are not perfect
Because of trials or pain
Continue in thanksgiving
Do not begin to blame
Even when the times are hard
Fierce winds are bound to blow
God is forever able
Hold on to what you know
Imagine life without His love
Joy would cease to be
Keep thanking Him for all the things
Love imparts to thee
Move out of "Camp Complaining"
No weapon that is known
On earth can yield the power
Praise can do alone
Quit looking at the future
Redeem the time at hand
Start every day with worship
To "thank" is a command
Until we see Him coming
Victorious in the sky
We'll run the race with gratitude
Xalting God most high
Yes, there'll be good times & yes some will be bad, but...
Zion waits in glory...where no one is ever sad!
"I AM Too blessed to be stressed!"
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor. The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything. Love and peace be with you forever, Amen.
In Christ's Love,
Posted at Wednesday, August 17, 2005 by Star-Tariray
SeE hOW tHeY ReAcT...
Be Still, and Know that I Am God,
My Father said to Me,
And I will fill you with My Peace,
And set your Spirit Free.
You are my Own; I've Chosen You:
You are Precious in My Sight.
Give Me your Heart and I Promise
You I'll be Your Guiding Light.
My Love for you will Never Fade
By your side I'll Always Stay.
My Joy will be your Strength and Shield,
If you'll let Me have My Way.
I'm Standing here with Arms
Outstretched I want to Touch and make You Whole.
Of My Living Waters, Come and Drink,
And I will Quench your Thirsty Soul.
Peace! Be Still! I am with You now,
And no-one could Love You More.
My Love for you will never Die
Of that You can be sure.
That's what my Father said to Me
And I know His Words are true.
I know that He has Set me Free
And He'll do the Same for You.
So just Reach Out, ask Him to Forgive
And Pardon all your Sin.
Ask Him to be your God and King
And He will take You In.
Posted at Tuesday, August 16, 2005 by Star-Tariray
SeE hOW tHeY ReAcT...
THE BETTER SIDE OF THE PHILIPPINES
FACTS... facts....facts... and nothing but facts....Filipinos (including the press, business people and myself) tend to dwell too much on the negative side, and this affects the perception of foreigners, even the ones who have lived here for a while. The negative perception of the Philippines is way disproportionate to reality when compared to countries like Columbia, Egypt, Middle East, Africa, etc.
Just realizing the following that I am proud of being a Pinoy....
1. The great telecom infrastructure that we have now did not exist in 1995. 1995 was the year the telecom industry was deregulated. Since then billions of dollars have been invested in both fixed line and cellular networks producing a system with over 5,000 kms of fiber optic backbone at a world competitive cost. From a fixed line capacity of about 900,000 in 1995 we now have over 7 million. Cellular phones practically did not exist in 1995; now we have over 11 million line capacity.
2. The MRT, many of the EDSA flyovers (including the Ayala Avenue flyover), the SKYWAY, Rockwell and Glorietta 4, the Fort, NAIA terminal 2 and most of the new skyscrapers were not yet built in 1995.
3. If you drive to the provinces, you will notice that national roads are now of good quality (international quality asphalt roads). Just went to Iba, Zambales for example, you'll be impressed that even a not so frequently travelled road was of very good quality.
4. Philippine exports have increased by 600% over the past eight years. There are many, many more examples of progress over the last eight years. Philippine mangoes are now exported to the US and Europe.
Additional tidbits to make our people prouder:
1. INTEL has been in the Philippines for 28 years. The Philippines plant is where Intel's most advanced products are launched, including the Pentium IV. By the end of 2002, Philippine operations are expected to be Intel's biggest assembly and testing operations worldwide.
2. TEXAS INSTRUMENTS has been operating in Baguio for over 20 years (This is where my sister next to me works as a Process Engineer). The Baguio plant is the largest producer of DSP chips in the world. DSP chips are the brains behind cellphones. TI's Baguio plant produces the chip that powers 100% of all NOKIA cellphones and 80% of Erickson cellphones in the world.
3. TOSHIBA laptops are produced in Santa Rosa, Laguna.
4. If you drive a BENZ, BMW, or a VOLVO, there is a good chance that the ABS system in your car was made in the Philippines.
5. TREND-MICRO, makers of one of the top anti virus software PC-Cillin (I may have mispelled this) develops its "cures" for viruses right here in Eastwood Libis, Quezon City. When a virus breaks in any computer system in the world, they try to find a solution within 45 minutes of finding the virus.
6. By the end of this year, it is expected that a majority of the top ten US. Call Center firms in the U.S. will have set up operations in the Philippines. This is one area in which I believe we are the best in the world in terms of value for money.
7. America Online (AOL) has 1,000 people in Clark answering 90% of AOL's global e-mail inquiries. (Also Circuit City.)
8. PROCTOR & GAMBLE has over 400 people right here in Makati (average age 23 years) doing back-up office work to their Asian operations including finance, accounting, Human Resources and payments processing.
9. Among many other things it does for its regional operations network in the Asia-Pacific region here in Manila, CITIBANK also does its global ATM programming locally.
10. This is the first year ever that the Philippines will be exporting cars in quantity courtesy of FORD Philippines.
11. The government is shedding off graft and corruption slowly but surely. This is the first time in our history that a former president is in jail and facing charges of plunder. Despite all odds, we are still pursuing the ill-gotten wealth of Marcos now enjoyed by his unrepentant heirs.
And now just to tell you all that I am indeed PROUD TO BE PINOY!..... HOY! PINOY AKO!
Posted at Monday, August 15, 2005 by Star-Tariray
SeE hOW tHeY ReAcT...